Donation requests are granted based on an organization’s ability to meet our charitable giving criteria, as well as availability of charitable funds. Although there are more deserving charitable organizations in our communities than the Bank is able to support, our Charitable Contributions Program makes every effort to assist as many qualifying nonprofit organizations as possible.
Jefferson Bank will consider requests for charitable donations from non profit organizations that qualify under the following categories:
- Housing: Includes community development, affordable housing, homebuyer education, and homeowner retention
- Education: Such as financial literacy, workforce development, or academic achievement
- Social and Civic Service: Examples include self-sufficiency programs, hunger relief, emergency shelter and transitional housing
- Culture and Arts: Activities that enhance the role of art organizations as economic enterprises, support creative education and engagement, or develop local talent
- Health and Wellness: Promotion of physical and mental wellness, accredited medical clinics, or green space development
Funding decisions are made without discrimination on the basis of race, gender, age, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation or national origin. Funding is generally awarded with the expectation that it will be expended within one year. In-kind donations of giveaways, facilities, technical resources, and volunteers are made when possible. Requests for in-kind contributions must be made in writing.
Recipient organizations must serve our geographic area, specifically Bexar, Comal, and Kendall counties, and fit within the priority charitable categories described above.
We generally do not consider donation requests for the following:
- Individuals, including those seeking scholarships or fellowship assistance
- For-profit entities, including start-ups
- Labor, fraternal, alumni, or civic clubs
- Political organizations, candidates, or other political purposes
- Religious organizations—used solely for religious purposes
- Pageants, talent, or beauty contests
- Travel-related events including student trips or tours
- Memorial campaigns or endowments
- Golf tournaments not associated with a nonprofit organization
- Organizations whose practices are not in keeping with the Bank’s equal opportunity policy
Jefferson Bank accepts applications on an on-going basis throughout the year. All applications are reviewed once a month. Please submit your request at least eight weeks prior to the event or submission deadline to allow for appropriate consideration and preparation. Applicants will be notified of action taken on requests within 30 days of consideration.
Preference will be given to organizations who are customers and/or within which Jefferson Bank employees and directors are involved as volunteers, officers, or board members. Increased consideration will also be given to entities that benefit low-to-moderate income individuals with low administrative costs, in order to ensure donated funds are efficiently directed to the parties in need.
Organizations must reapply for funding consideration for each request; previous and/or current year contributions are not a guarantee of future commitment. Multi-year commitments are typically not considered, unless part of a capital campaign. Organizations whose requests cannot be fulfilled one year are welcomed to apply the following year. Please submit these applications between August and October to be considered for the following year.
We reserve the right to suspend, change, or terminate the Charitable Contributions Program, or any part of it at any time. While we make every effort to assist as many qualifying nonprofit organizations as possible, due to the number of requests we receive, we reserve the right to decline any application at our discretion.
Donation requests can be made using the form below or mailed to the following:
ATTN: Marketing Department
1777 Northeast Loop 410, Suite 206
San Antonio, Texas 78217