Pre-qualifying for a mortgage takes the worry out of looking for a new home. You'll know what price range you qualify for so you can concentrate on homes within your budget. And better yet, when sellers know you're pre-qualified, they look at you as a serious buyer. It's a great negotiating tool, especially if you find yourself bidding with other buyers.
Watch our video below to learn more about the advantages of pre-qualifying at Jefferson Bank for your home loan.
Buying a home may be your largest financial transaction to date, and the process can seem overwhelming. We’re here to help. To give you an idea of what to expect, we've outlined the general process for getting a mortgage loan.
- You will need to complete a mortgage application.
- A Jefferson Bank lending specialist will contact you once your application is received.
- You will need to provide the necessary paperwork to the lending specialist, so your application can be reviewed.
- If approved, your application will continue through the bank’s internal process called underwriting.
- Once underwriting is complete, a closing date is set. This is the date in which you will sign all of the final loan documents in order to obtain the funds from the loan.
In order to fully evaluate your application and verify certain information as required by federal law, the bank will need the following:
- Proof of income such as pay stubs, income tax returns, financial statements for a business
- Employment verification (if applicable)
- Bank or other account statements
If you have any questions or concerns during the loan process, our lending specialists are available to help. Call us at (210) 736-7700.
We're here to answer all your questions about mortgages or other home-related financing options.
Call us at (210) 736-7700