Accessing Banking Services
OUR PLEDGE TO YOU
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) has severely impacted our daily lives. The best course of action during this unique time is for everyone to stay informed and take steps to adapt to the situation. At Jefferson Bank, we continue to monitor the advice of officials and experts as we evolve our plan of action, which includes maintaining a healthy environment for our staff, while ensuring you have the financial access and tools needed to operate your business and your life.
A Message From Our Chairman.
For nearly 75 years, Jefferson Bank has proudly served our customers in South Texas with strength, stability and integrity. During that time, we have weathered many storms within our industry and our economy. This current situation will be no different. I want to reassure you that Jefferson Bank is well capitalized, and that the safety and soundness of our institution is in no way affected by the current circumstances. Although we are having to make certain operational changes based on state and federal guidelines, you will always have access to both a banker and your funds. You can be certain that the money you have entrusted to us is safe. Just like all the others, this storm will pass. We will weather it and ultimately be better because of it. On behalf of Jefferson Bank’s Board of Directors, thank you for your business, and rest assured that even in these unprecedented times, your money will remain safe and accessible.
Steve C. Lewis
CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD
PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING.
BUT STAY CLOSE TO YOUR FINANCES.
We care about our employees' and our customers’ health and well-being. Any precautions we take are made with you in mind. As more information develops about the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), we found it necessary to close our Banking Center lobbies, available by appointment only, and rely on our Motor Bank service. You can expect the same service through our Motor Bank as you have become accustomed to in our lobbies.
These services will be allowed as you drive thru. If you need additional services, please schedule an appointment with your Banking Center Manager to plan accordingly. Click here to locate a motor bank near you.
- Account Inquiry, (also available with Online Banking and Jeff Line)
- Check Cashing
- Cash deposits / Check deposits, (also available at our ATMs or using our mobile deposit or remote deposit capture services)
- Cash Withdrawals (also available at our ATMs)
- Wire Transfers (with ID)
PLEASE CONTACT A BANKING CENTER NEAREST YOU SHOULD YOU NEED THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:
- Changes to your account(s)
- Jefferson Bank Visa Check Card reissue
- Notary services
- Safe Deposit Box Access by appointment only in lobby
- Temporary Checks
- Wire Transfers
24/7 TELEPHONE BANKING WITH JEFF LINE (833) 533-3546
- Check your account features with our 24/7 telephone banking.
ONLINE AND MOBILE BANKING
- Enroll in Online Banking and have 24/7 access to your accounts, to view balances, transfer funds, pay bills, pay family and friends using EasyPay and more.
If you have not taken advantage of our Online Banking services, click here to enroll
Helping with Personal and Residential Mortgage Loan Payments
Jefferson Bank is responding to the needs of its customers during these challenging times resulting from the COVID-19 virus. Special programs are in place to address related hardships affecting our customers’ ability to make timely loan payments on their personal and residential mortgage loans. We encourage you to contact your Relationship Banker or Mortgage Lender directly to discuss what opportunities might be available for you based on your personal situation, or you can reach them through our main line at (210) 734-4311.
IMPORTANT NOTICE CONCERNING THE SBA PAYCHECK PROTECTION PROGRAM
Jefferson Bank has been proud to participate in the SBA's Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), however, due to the substantial volume of loans originated, we have chosen not to accept additional applications at this time. We intend to shift our focus to understanding and implementing procedures to assist our customers with the PPP loan forgiveness. The Loan Forgiveness Application and instructions were released by the Treasury and new guidance is being released frequently. We recommend visiting the Treasury website for the latest information.
Economic Recovery Payment
The IRS is committed to helping you get your Economic Impact Payment as soon as possible. The payments, also referred to by some as stimulus payments, are automatic for most taxpayers.
If you qualify and filed a 2019 or 2018 tax return, your payment will be deposited directly into the same banking account used for tax filing purposes. If you received your 2019 or 2018 tax refund via check in the mail, the IRS will mail your stimulus check to the physical address on file.
Payments are being distributed by the IRS in waves, so if someone you know has received theirs but you haven’t yet, it is not a cause for concern. For more information and to get the status on your payment, please visit the IRS Coronavirus Page
CONTINUED SUPPORT FOR YOUR BUSINESS
The tools you use to run your business should be reliable which is why we are committed to providing uninterrupted service. Treasury Management, payroll, loan assistance and much more is still available to you with a team standing by to answer your questions. We have taken precautions to protect the essential staff who provide assistance to you every day and they are ready to help.
PROTECT YOUR BUSINESS
Unfortunately, times like this leave many of us vulnerable to online scams. Various hacking groups are trying to take advantage of the high volume of communication (school updates, government response, etc.) circling around. It is highly unlikely that the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) or World Health Organization (WHO) will send you an email, text, or call with information about COVID-19 updates. Avoid these at all costs!
Here are some tips from our IT department that may help protect you from online scams.
- Jefferson Bank will not reach out to you in search of confidential information such as your name, password, Personal Identification Number (PIN) or other account information
- Do not click on links from unknown or suspicious sources
- Do not give out your banking login credentials
- Avoid and delete emails/texts from the CDC or WHO claiming to have COVID-19 updates
- Ignore and delete emails/texts regarding COVID-19 vaccinations
- Ignore and delete emails/texts claiming to raise money for COVID-19 victims
- Ignore and delete emails/texts asking to download software to assist in finding the “cure”
BASIC PROTECTIVE MEASURES
- Wash your hands frequently
- Maintain safe distances (6-feet) between you and anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your nose and mouth with your elbow while coughing or sneezing
- If you feel unwell, stay at home
- Stay informed